NZGBC Terms and Conditions of Membership
We agree to be bound by and abide by the terms of Rules of the NZGBC until we cease to be a member.
We agree to abide by the Code of Conduct linked to this application.
As a member of New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) we acknowledge to adhere to the following:
- to promote the construction and use of buildings and other infrastructure that are environmentally responsible, sustainable, efficient, profitable and healthy places to live and work;
- to foster a closer association between people in the building industry and other sectors who are involved in the construction, use and promotion of environmentally responsible buildings;
- to be part of NZGBC efforts in the building to promote environmentally responsible buildings;
- to encourage the dissemination and development of knowledge regarding environmentally responsible building practices in the building and related industries;
- to help NZGBC campaign for the wider recognition of environmentally responsible buildings and lead market transformation of the building industry;
- to publicise environmentally responsible building practices within the building industry and the wider community generally;
- to help NZGBC act as a focal point for information on environmentally responsible building to consumers and the building industry;
- to act a partner in research projects into environmentally sustainable building and evaluation metric;
- to support and encourage teaching and research programs aimed at raising the knowledge and skill base of green building practitioners and in particular to actively work to align relevant publicly funded research to the practice/market requirements for innovation and development in green building implementation;
- to participate in public debate on environmental issues within the building industry;
- to help NZGBC campaign, solicit or otherwise obtain funds to be applied towards the above objects;
- to not in any way disparage the work or objects of NZGBC, its officers or employees, including its rating tools, or commence or threaten any legal or other proceedings or claims against or in respect of any of them.
Please note membership fees and subscriptions are not refundable should membership cease part-way through a subscription.